The best way to protect your home and family is by preparing ahead of time.
• Keep your home in good repair.
• Remove hazards from your yard.
• Buy appropriate insurance.
• Learn about Firewise Communities.
• Learn about natural hazard risks to your community.
• Create emergency plans.
• Find multiple evacuation routes.
• Establish a meeting place away from home.
• Take a first aid class.
• Practice evacuating your home.
• Store emergency contacts in phones and list on paper.
• Build emergency kits for home, car, and work.
Find below links to a number of articles that can help you prepare for emergencies and others that can help you and your family recover after an emergency has happened.