The Alabama Cooperative Extension System creates integrated pest management guides for major row crops; small and stored grains; pastures and forage crops; commercial turfgrass; and noncropland. These guides are compiled by both current and former Extension entomologists, plant pathologists, weed scientists, and a pesticide education specialist. Each IPM guide provides information on the selection, rates, application, and safe and proper use of pesticides.
Because the status of pesticides is constantly changing, some that are currently listed in the guides may no longer be legal. Also, some recently labeled pesticides may not yet be included. For these reasons, anyone preparing to use a pesticide should always consult the current pesticide label on the container before application.
Chemicals are listed both by common names (lowercase letters) and by trade names (all capital letters). Some chemicals are available only under trade names and, therefore, their common names may be omitted because of space restrictions. The presence or absence of any particular trade name in no way indicates endorsement or discrimination on the part of Alabama Extension.
Recommended uses of pesticides are based on research, field trials, demonstrations, and experience. Because of variations in environmental conditions and methods of application, these recommendations do not assure that your results will always be the same as those obtained in research.
The label on every pesticide container presents information that is essential to safe and proper use, handling, and storage of the pesticide. Users are responsible for adhering to label information and should always review it thoroughly before applying the pesticide. Applying rates that exceed the recommendations or shortening the waiting period from application to harvest or grazing can cause excessive residues that are illegal according to state and federal regulations.
2018-2020 IPM Guides
- Alfalfa, IPM-0978 (UPDATED FOR 2020)
- Commercial Turf and Lawn, Disease, IPM-1291 (UPDATED FOR 2020)
- Commercial Turf and Lawn, Insects, IPM-1313 (UPDATED FOR 2020)
- Commercial Turf and Lawns, Weeds, IPM-0022 (UPDATED FOR 2020)
- Corn, IPM-0428 (UPDATED FOR 2018-2020)
- Cotton, IPM-0415 (UPDATED FOR 2019-2020)
- General Pesticide Information, IPM-1295 (UPDATED FOR 2019-2020)
- Grain Sorghum, IPM-0429 (UPDATED FOR 2020)
- Hemp Pest Management in Alabama, ANR-2635 (UPDATED FOR 2020)
- Home Lawns Chemical Control, IPM-0590 (UPDATED FOR 2020)
- Home Lawns Disease Control, IPM-1292 (UPDATED FOR 2020)
- Noncropland, IPM-0223 (UPDATED FOR 2020)
- Pastures/Forages, IPM-0028 (UPDATED FOR 2020)
- Peanuts, IPM-0360 (UPDATED FOR 2019-2020)
- Safety, IPM-1293 (UPDATED FOR 2020)
- Small Grains, IPM-0458 (UPDATED FOR 2020)
- Soybeans, IPM-0413 (UPDATED FOR 2020)
- Stored Grain, IPM-0330 (UPDATED FOR 2020)
- Submitting Samples, IPM-1294 (UPDATED FOR 2020)
- Appendix, IPM-1317
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, contact Extension Communications and Marketing at (334) 844-5696 or firstname.lastname@example.org.