The Horticulture Professional Services Licenses are issued to businesses that engage in and solicit for Landscape Design (LD), and have a certified operator who has taken, passed and submitted their Commercial Applicators License Application with appropriate fees for the corresponding category(s). The cost of an annual Horticulture Professional Services License is $175.00.
Click on the text to link to materials and forms. When necessary the link will bring you to the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries or to the Alabama Cooperative Extension System store website to purchase manuals.
Landscape Horticulturist Landscape Design Exam
- 50 Questions
- Cost of Exam is $75.00
This Category has different testing availability:
The Landscape Design Exam (LD) is not available at the online testing sites. For more information contact the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries.
Study Material Required for This Category
- Study Guide 1 of 3: Landscape Design
- Study Guide 2 of 3: Street Trees
- Study Guide 3 of 3: Residential Landscape Design
- 80-10-9 Professional Service Rules.
- 80-5-1 Standards for Assessment of Civil Penalties.
- Chapter 28 Title 2 Code of Alabama 1975.
Requirements and Other Forms You May Need
Visit the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries website and scroll down to their “Forms and Documents.” Download these specific forms for this category.
Visit the Professional Applicators portion of their website for some Professional Specific Forms you may need.
- Professional Applicator Exam Schedule.
- Professional Services Permit Application for Examinations
- Professional Services Permit Application – Horticulture.
- Testing Information & What to do when you pass your test.
- Recertification Meeting List and CEU Guidelines.
- ADAI Pesticide Recertification Course Locator.
The featured image is courtesy of Joe Murray, Treebio.com, Bugwood.org