This commercial category is for pesticide applicators who apply pesticides for the purpose of preventing, controlling, or eradicating termites, various wood borers, fungi, and/or other wood destroying organisms within, under and on structures.
Those passing examinations as Branch Supervisors can supervise Branch Offices only. You must pass the examination for Certified Operator to into business for yourself or to supervise services from a main office.
The Structural Professional Services Licenses are issued to businesses that engage in and solicit for Control and/or Eradication of Wood Destroying organisms (WDC) and have a certified operator who has taken, passed and submitted their Commercial Applicators License Application with appropriate fees for the corresponding category(s). The cost of an annual Structural Professional Services License for a Main Office is $175.00, for a Branch Office $75.00 and a Sub Office is $50.00 plus $100.00 for each category of work certified to perform.
No one will be allowed to take examinations unless he or she has:
- Been previously approved by the Montgomery office,
- is on the exam list,
- has the “approval letter” in hand on the exam day, or
- has an expired Commercial Applicator Permit for recertification.
Click on the text to link to materials and forms. When necessary the link will bring you to the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries website or to the Alabama Cooperative Extension System store website to purchase manuals.
Wood Destroying Organisms – Certified Operator Exam
- 50 Questions
- Cost of Exam: $75.00
Wood Destroying Organisms – Branch Supervisor Exam
- 50 Questions
- Cost of Exam: $75.00
This Category has different testing availability:
If you have taken Purdue Courses, Purdue Exams are only proctored at the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries office in Montgomery. Contact Chelsea Wolfe at 334-240-7243 or Barbara Gates at 334-240-7240, at the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries office for details on taking this exam.
In addition to testing at the testing at the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries in Montgomery, computer-based testing is available for on a weekly basis at eight testing sites in the state of Alabama. Cost of exams for this method is $125.00 per exam. You may sign up to take the online exams by visiting http://apply.adaitesting.com; once approved, you will receive an approval email from the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries.
Study Material Required for This Category
- Wood Decay in Structures and its Control.
- Wood Destroying Insects Part 1
- Wood Destroying Insects Part 2
- Wood Destroying Insects Part 3
- 80-1-13 Sales and Use of Pesticides
- 80-10-9 Professional Service Rules
- 80-5-1 Standards for Assessment of Civil Penalties
- Chapter 28 Title 2 Code of Alabama 1975
Requirements and Other Forms You May Need
Visit the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries website and scroll down to their “Forms and Documents.” Download these specific forms for this category.
Visit the Professional Applicators portion of their website for some Professional Specific Forms you may need
- Professional Applicator Exam Schedule.
- Application for Professional Pesticide Applicators Examination.
- Professional Services Permit Application – Branch Office.
- Professional Services Permit Application – Main Office.
- Professional Services Permit Application – Sub Office
- Application for Commercial Pesticide Applicator Permit – First Permit Add on.
- Application for Commercial Pesticide Applicator Permit – Renewal.
- Certificate of Insurance for Structural Pest Control.
- Testing Information & What to do when you pass your test.
- Recertification Meeting List and CEU Guidelines.
- ADAI Pesticide Recertification Course Locator.
Featured Image: Gary Alpert, Harvard University, Bugwood.org