Take a trip to a private island for dinner tonight! Live Well Alabama’s Island Tilapia is your guide to a mouthwatering entrée that will make it seem like a beach and palm tree is in sight.
Tips: Tilapia is a high-protein, low-calorie white fish with a mild flavor that even picky eaters can enjoy. If using canned pineapple, choose fruit canned in water or 100% juice and drain well. Serve over brown rice for more fiber.
- 1 pound tilapia
- Creole seasoning to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 ½ cups tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- Season tilapia with Creole seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fish and cook until it is tender and flakes with a fork, about 4 minutes per side. Remove fish from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add parsley, bell pepper, and onions. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir occasionally for 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid is thick. Salt and pepper to taste. Add cooked tilapia to the pan until warmed.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.