Home & Family
Need a light appetizer that packs a punch of flavor? Try Live Well Alabama’s fan favorite Lemon and Salmon Dip before a meal. Break out the celery sticks, carrots, or bell peppers for dipping and let everybody enjoy.
Tips: No salmon? Use canned tuna or chicken instead. Zest is grated lemon peel that adds tons of flavor. Before juicing, lightly rub a whole lemon against a cheese grater with smaller holes if you don’t have a zester.
- 1 can pink salmon, 7 ounces, drained and deboned
- ¼ cup low fat sour cream
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Combine all ingredients except paprika in small bowl. Mix well.
- Sprinkle paprika evenly on top.
- Cover and refrigerate. Serve chilled with assorted raw vegetables for dipping.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.
Click here to view the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement.