Home & Family
It’s all in the name. Live Well Alabama’s Get Your Green Soup recipe has 1 pound of kale paired with Italian sausage, diced potatoes, and chicken broth. This recipe is high in flavor and nutrients but is also dairy-free, gluten-free, and has no added sugar.
Tips: Substitute links for 1 pound of cooked and drained ground sausage, if desired. Massage kale between your fingers for a few minutes after rinsing to make it softer before adding it to soup.
- 4 links Italian sausage, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 large potatoes, diced
- 1 pound kale
- In large pot over medium heat, cook sausage for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Stir occasionally.
- To the pot, add broth and potatoes. Cook 20 minutes.
- Rinse kale, remove stems, and tear leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Stir in kale. Cook 12 minutes or until kale and potatoes are tender.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.
Click here to view the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement.