Home & Family
Live Well Alabama’s Creole Chicken is high in both protein and taste. Stretch this meal further by serving over whole-grain rice.
Tips: Use leftovers to make a Creole chicken wrap for lunch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small chicken breasts, halved and skin removed
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 15 ounces
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook for a few minutes on each side, just until brown. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet and bring mixture to boil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.
Click here to view the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement.