For kids, getting the right nutrients is important for healthy growth. Helping your child eat a variety of foods from all food groups is the best way to make sure your child gets all the nutrients needed for growth and development. Here are just a few examples of foods that are packed with nutrients to help kids grow healthy and strong.
Foods for Growth and Development
- Brain: salmon, leafy greens, beans and nuts.
- Eyes: carrots, spinach, cantaloupe and also sweet potatoes
- Hair: milk, yogurt, cheese, eggs, lean meat, poultry, beans and grains
- Teeth: milk, yogurt, cheese, nuts, broccoli and spinach
- Heart: banana, avocado, spinach, tomatoes, potatoes, whole-grain bread and rice, salmon, milk and also yogurt
- Digestive System: corn, carrots, apples, plain popcorn, nuts and yogurt
- Skin: oranges, strawberries, tomatoes, kiwi, grapefruit, sweet potato, nuts, beans and water
- Muscles: lean meat, poultry, nuts, beans, potatoes, bananas, salmon, milk, cheese, yogurt and eggs
- Bones: milk, cheese, yogurt, broccoli, spinach and nuts