Do you ever wonder how some people do it—how they spend so little money at the grocery store each week? You can do it too! Here are a few easy ideas for saving time and money at the grocery store.
Plan Your Meals
- Take time on the weekend to plan your snacks and meals for the week.
- Make a grocery list of the foods you will need for your weekly snacks and meals.
- Check your cupboards and refrigerator as you make your grocery list.
- Plan your menu around store specials, coupons, and in-season fruits and vegetables.
- Eat before you shop so you are not hungry.
- Only buy the foods on your grocery list.
- Compare prices of different brands and sizes.
- Buy generic or store brands to save money.
- Check for the expiration dates and use-by dates.
- Remember that convenience items save time but not money.
- Use the nutrition label to help make wise food choices.
- Check out your local farmers market and compare prices.
- Take your groceries home and put them away as quickly as possible.
- Make sure you store groceries properly to prevent foods from spoiling.
- Eat sensible portions.
- Use leftovers for another meal.