Finance & Career
Looking for a job can be one of the most exciting and challenging processes people go through during their working lives. Here are some quick tips to help you get started in your job search.
Success: You’ve Landed That Job!
You are now prepared to land the job. Remember to be mindful of the best practices in being a positive and productive team member.
According to the United States Department of Labor, teamwork is an essential part of workplace success. The ability to work as part of a team is considered one of the most important skills in today’s job market. Teamwork involves building relationships and working with other people using important skills and habits:
- Working cooperatively
- Contributing to groups with ideas, suggestions, and effort
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Sense of responsibility to achieve common goals
- Healthy respect for different opinions, customs, and individual preferences
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System provides research-based educational classes which will prepare individuals and organizations for success. The Alabama Extension Human Sciences team serves the state of Alabama and provides community education to foster healthy, strong, elevated people and communities. Educational opportunities include the following:
- Financial Literacy Workshops: budgeting, credit, identity theft and scams, savings, and banking
- Job Search Preparation: career choice search, resume writing, and interview skills
- Soft Skills Training: workshops for organizations, groups, and existing businesses and industries
- Home Buyer Education Workshops
For more information about educational opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (334) 844-7560.
Matthew J. Ulmer, Extension Specialist Community Workforce, Leadership & Economic Development, Cynthia T. White, Regional Extension Agent Financial Resource Management & Workforce Development, Renee’ Vines Regional Extension Agent Financial Resource Management & Workforce Development
New June 2021, Tips and Tools for Job Search Success, FCS-2475