Finance & Career
What is PREP?
- PREP is the acronym for Promoting Readiness for Employment Possibilities.
- PREP is a workforce development program that teaches people how to find a job.
- PREP also has exercises that will help participants with existing jobs make a career plan for future career changes.
- PREP includes a job search toolkit that contains information, templates, and checklists to help with a job search.
Participants Will Learn How To
- Apply for a job.
- Prepare for an interview.
- Create the right resume for the right job.
- Find employment they enjoy.
- Use people skills naturally.
What is the goal of PREP?
The goal of PREP is to support those currently looking for a job or interested in a career change by:
- Explaining what to include and what not to include on a resume.
- Teaching how to apply for a job using paper and online applications.
- Providing examples of how to answer interview questions.
- Describing the right clothes to wear to an interview.
- Developing soft skills that are important on a job: communication, teamwork, leadership, and reasoning skills.
- Planning alternate career paths and identifying the steps needed to make the change.
Need resume help?
Many companies use software to screen resumes. Only the top 2% of candidates will make it to the interview.1 Do you need assistance with preparing a resume that gets attention? PREP will help you
- Develop resume writing skills.
- Become familiar with the three types of resumes.
- Determine when to use a particular type of resume.
- Learn how to write an eye-catching resume and cover letter.
- Create a resume that demonstrates how your skills and abilities are a perfect fit for a position.
Contact us to share your interest in joining a future in-person or online workshop. We can customize the workshops to meet the needs of your group, professional organization, or classroom.
Alabama Extension serves all 67 Alabama counties. If your county isn’t listed below, contact the nearest county on the list or the program specialist in the state office.
Urban Centers - PREP
|Florence||Lauderdale County Extension||Darlene Minniefield||(256) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mobile||Mobile County Extension||Pamela Irby||(251) email@example.com|
|Montgomery||Montgomery County Extension||Ciji Griffin||(334) firstname.lastname@example.org|
1 CNBC.com. (2018, Oct. 2). Robots are reading your resume, so here are 5 tips to meet their approval. Retrieved 9/25/2019 from https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/01/how-to-make-sure-the-robots-pass-your-resume-on-to-the-hiring-manager.html.