Zucchini Boats from Live Well Alabama is a different take on a popular vegetable. Combining zucchini, bacon, veggies, and cheese makes from a flavorful meal.
Pro Tip: Sometimes it’s okay to play with food. Let your child (with clean hands) scoop out the middle of zucchinis. Also, add your favorite meat to the mixture! Instead of crumbled bacon, include cooked leftover chicken — shred it and add it in.
- 3 zucchinis, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup crumbled bacon
- 1 can sliced black olives, 2.5 ounces, drained
- 1 can green chili peppers, 4 ounces, drained
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- ¼ cup cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Scoop out pulp/middle of zucchinis and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine zucchini pulp/middle with bread crumbs, bacon, black olives, green chili peppers, onion, tomato, and cheese.
- Stuff zucchini halves with mixture. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until tender.