This sassy snack will quickly become one of your family’s favorites. Live Well Alabama’s Sassy Strawberry Salsa combines fruit and vegetables for a great addition to a meal.
A few extra tips:
- Mashed blueberries or diced peaches can be used in place of strawberries.
- Use salsa to liven up a salad, tacos, baked chicken, or fish.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- 1 pint of strawberries, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced (optional)
- Mix lemon juice and honey in a large bowl.
- Stir in strawberries, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño.
- Chill and serve.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.