- 05/05 - Spring Workshop: ?Sheep Flock and Goat Herd Health Management?
- 06/01 - Demonstration on goat worm egg count
- 06/09 - Sheep and Goat Internal and External Parasitism What is new ?
- 06/30 - Hands-on Gastro-Intestinal Parasitism
- 07/14 - Sheep and Goat Internal and External Parasitism; What is new ?
The mission of the Small Ruminant Outreach Center (SROC) is to apply research findings and to provide experiential learning opportunities that will enable Alabama farmers to improve their efficiency of lamb and goat production. Furthermore, the SROC enables the Alabama Cooperative Extension System’s Urban Affairs and New Nontraditional Programs Unit to help small-scale and limited-resource farmers implement modern technologies and management strategies that increase their sustainability and profitability.
- To provide educational programs for sheep and goat producers, particularly small-scale producers and limited-resource farmers involved in local food systems.
- To help sheep and goat producers, particularly small-scale producers and limited-resource farmers, to adopt practices that are sustainable economically, socially, and environmentally.