Products & Programs
Resource for youth ages 5–18
Developing tools to reduce bullying through empathy & understanding.
The National Center for Education Statistics reports that each year in America, 1 in 4 children are bullied. Bullying causes physical & emotional harm in children. The HYPE program works by promoting empathy as a method of bullying prevention. The HYPE sessions identify the 4 types of bullying (verbal, social, physical and cyberbullying) and practice strategies to stop bullying when it happens.
What is the goal of HYPE?
- HYPE works to build a safe school environment by decreasing harassment, victimization & bullying.
What is HYPE?
- HYPE is the acronym for Helping Youth Promote Empathy.
- HYPE is a series of 6 lessons designed to reduce bullying in schools & communities.
- Each lesson includes videos and role-playing scenarios that encourage youth to talk about bullying and bullying behaviors.
- Participants learn how to identify bullying behaviors, develop intervention strategies to combat bullying, and recognize the impact bullying & violence have on mental health.
Who is HYPE for?
- HYPE works with all school-age children, 5-18.
- The HYPE series can be reserved for your classroom or other youth groups.
How much does HYPE cost?
- The HYPE program is absolutely free.
- Alabama Extension personnel will come to your class or community facility.
- We take care of everything for the session from set-up, teaching the session, and follow-up data analysis.
Alabama Extension serves all 67 Alabama counties. If your county isn’t listed below, contact the nearest county on the list or the program Specialist in the State Office.
Urban Centers - HYPE Program
|Decatur||Morgan County Extension||(256) email@example.com|
|Florence||Lauderdale County Extension||(256) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Huntsville||Madison County Extension||James Fountain||(256) email@example.com|
|Mobile||Mobile County Extension||Pamela Irby||(251) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Montgomery||Montgomery County Extension||Danielle Rudolph||(334) email@example.com|