Products & Programs
Resource for youth ages 5 through18
Developing tools to reduce bullying through empathy and understanding.
The National Center for Education Statistics reports that each year in America, one in four children are bullied. Bullying causes physical and emotional harm in children. The HYPE program works by promoting empathy as a method of bullying prevention. The HYPE sessions identify the four types of bullying (verbal, social, physical, and cyberbullying) and practice strategies to stop bullying when it happens.
What is the goal of HYPE?
- HYPE works to build a safe school environment by decreasing harassment, victimization, and bullying.
What is HYPE?
- HYPE is the acronym for Helping Youth Promote Empathy.
- HYPE is a series of six lessons designed to reduce bullying in schools and communities.
- Each lesson includes videos and role-playing scenarios that encourage youth to talk about bullying and bullying behaviors.
- Participants learn how to identify bullying behaviors, develop intervention strategies to combat bullying, and recognize the impact bullying and violence have on mental health.
Content below reflects text within the graphics of the video above.
- HYPE: Helping Youth Promote Empathy
- 1 in 4 children are bullied.
- HYPE works to build a safe school environment
- by decreasing harassment
- and teaching intervention strategies.
- Stop bullying. Create impact. Promote empathy.
- Alabama Extension, more in our cities. aces.edu/urban.
Who is HYPE for?
- HYPE works with all school-age children, 5 through 18.
- The HYPE series can be reserved for your classroom or other youth groups.
How much does HYPE cost?
- The HYPE program is absolutely free.
- Alabama Extension personnel will come to your class or community facility.
- These program takes care of everything for the session from set-up, teaching the session, and follow-up data analysis.
Alabama Extension serves all 67 Alabama counties. If your county isn’t listed below, contact the nearest county on the list or the program specialist in the state office.
Urban Centers - HYPE Program
|Decatur||Morgan County Extension||(256) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Florence||Lauderdale County Extension||(256) email@example.com|
|Huntsville||Madison County Extension||James Fountain||(256) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mobile||Mobile County Extension||Pamela Irby||(251) email@example.com|
|Montgomery||Montgomery County Extension||Danielle Rudolph||(334) firstname.lastname@example.org|