Home & Family
This recipe has the fall season written all over it. Live Well Alabama’s Baked Apples and Squash is a sweet side dish to add to any meal without skipping on the vegetables. Also, it important to know that one serving of this recipe provides almost 40% of the daily vitamin A recommendations.
Tips: Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds before dicing. After 15 minutes of baking, sprinkle a tiny amount of orange juice and brown sugar. Toss and resume baking.
- 2 cups yellow squash, diced
- 2 cups apple, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl. Mix evenly.
- Spread mixture onto metal baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until squash is soft.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.