Products & Programs
PCREP is a resource that teaches parents and guardians techniques that will help to improve the reading level and skills of children ages 4 to 6 in five key areas: phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, comprehension, and fluency. Parents know when their child is struggling with reading, but they may not know how to help. PCREP is here to provide the tools needed to improve your child’s reading. We want to turn reading time into quality family time that everyone can enjoy.
What is PCREP?
- PCREP is the acronym for Parent-Child Reading Enhancement Program.
- The PCREP program builds parental teaching skills over five, one-hour classes.
- The program provides tools and resources to parents that can be used when teaching children to read.
PCREP is Online
PCREP offers online learning experiences for parents, guardians & caregivers of children ages 4 to 6. Join us for a public session or reserve a private online series for your group or organization. Contact Dorothy Brandon to share your interest in joining a future online workshop.
Who is PCREP for?
- PCREP was developed to support parents, guardians & caregivers of children ages 4–6.
- Alabama Extension understands that parents have limited time. PCREP addresses this by creating activities that combine learning with quality time.
- PCREP techniques can give beginning readers a solid start and struggling readers needed support.
- Advanced readers can benefit from program techniques by fostering a love of reading and expanding comprehension.
How Much Does PCREP Cost?
- The PCREP program is absolutely free and in-person and online classes are offered throughout the calendar year.
Contact us to share your interest in joining a future in-person or online workshop. We can customize the workshops to meet the needs of your group, professional organization, or classroom.
Alabama Extension serves all 67 Alabama counties. If your county isn’t listed below, contact the nearest county on the list or the program specialist in the state office.
Urban Centers - PCREP
|Florence||Lauderdale County Extension||Darlene Minniefield||(256) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mobile||Mobile County Extension||Pamela Irby||(251) email@example.com|
|Montgomery||Montgomery County Extension||Ciji Griffin||(334) firstname.lastname@example.org|