This commercial category is for applicators who repair damaged trees, by the removal of diseased parts, filling of cavities, and prevention of further decay, and by strengthening branches with braces.
The Horticulture Professional Services Licenses are for Tree Surgery (TS), and for a certified operator who has taken, passed and submitted their Commercial Applicators License Application with appropriate fees for the corresponding category(s). The cost of an annual Horticulture Professional Services License is $175.
Click on the text to link to materials and forms. When necessary, the link will bring you to the Alabama Department of Agriculture or to the Alabama Cooperative Extension System store website to purchase manuals.
Tree Surgery Exam
- 50 Questions
- Cost of Exam: $75
This category has different testing availability:
In addition to testing at the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries in Montgomery, computer-based testing is available on a weekly basis at eight testing sites in the state of Alabama. Cost of exams for this method is $125 per exam. You may sign up to take the online exams by visiting http://apply.adaitesting.com; once approved, you will receive an approval email from the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries.
Study Material Required for This Category
- 80-10-9 Professional Service Rules.
- 80-5-1 Standards for Assessment of Civil Penalties.
- Chapter 28 Title 2 Code of Alabama 1975.
Requirements and Other Forms You May Need
Visit the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries website and scroll down to their “Forms and Documents.” Download these specific forms for this category.
Visit the Professional Applicators portion of their website for some Professional Specific Forms you may need.
- Professional Applicator Exam Schedule.
- Application for Professional Pesticide Applicators Examinations.
- Professional Services Permit Application – Horticulture.
- Testing Information & What to do when you pass your test.
- Recertification Meeting List and CEU Guidelines.
- ADAI Pesticide Recertification Course Locator.
Featured Image: Mark Adams, Adams Arbor Care, LLC, Bugwood.org