2 min read
Man working on his front yard lawn. -William M. Brown Jr., Bugwood.org

This commercial category includes pest control in maintenance and production of ornamental trees, shrubs, flowers, and turf. Note: Applicators certified in OTPC cannot charge a fee for services (i.e. golf course employees, city maintenance employees.).

The Horticulture Professional Services Licenses are issued to businesses that engage in Ornamental & Turf Pest Control (OTPS) and have a certified operator who has taken, passed and submitted their Commercial Applicators License Application with appropriate fees for the corresponding category(s).  The cost of an annual Horticulture Professional Services License is $175.00.

Click on the text to link to materials and forms. When necessary the link will bring you to the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries or to the Alabama Cooperative Extension System store website to purchase manuals.

Exam Information

Ornamental & Turf Pest Control – Supervisor Exam

  • 50 Questions
  • Cost of Exam: $75.00

Ornamental & Turf Pest Control – Custodial Exam

  • 50 Questions
  • Cost of Exam: $75.00

In addition to testing at the testing at the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries in Montgomery, computer-based testing is available for the on a weekly basis at eight testing sites in the state of Alabama. Cost of exams for this method is $125.00 per exam. You may sign up to take the online exams by visiting http://apply.adaitesting.com; once approved, you will receive an approval email from the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries.

Study Material Required for This Category


Requirements and Other Forms You May Need

Visit the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries website and scroll down to their “Forms and Documents.” Download these specific forms for this category

Visit the Professional Applicators portion of their website for some Professional Specific Forms you may need.


Featured Image: William M. Brown Jr., Bugwood.org

Did you find this helpful?