2 min read
Black Widow Spider - Whitney Cranshaw, Colorado State University, Bugwood.org

For pesticide applicators using fumigants in one or more rooms in a structure or in the entire structure to control and eradicate pests.

Those passing examinations as branch supervisors can supervise branch offices only. You must pass the examination for certified operator to go into business for yourself or to supervise services from a main office.

No one will be allowed to take examinations unless he or she has:

  1. Been previously approved by the Montgomery office,
  2. is on the exam list,
  3. has the “approval letter” in hand on the exam day, or
  4. has an expired Commercial Applicator Permit for recertification.

The Structural Professional Services Licenses are issued to businesses that engage in and solicit for Household, Institutional & Industrial Pest Control (HPC) and have a certified operator who has taken, passed and submitted their Commercial Applicators License Application with appropriate fees for the corresponding category(s). The cost of an annual Structural Professional Services License for a Main Office is $175.00, for a Branch Office $75.00 and a Sub Office is $50.00 plus $100.00 for each category of work certified to perform.

Click on the text to link to materials and forms. When necessary the link will bring you to the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries or to the Alabama Cooperative Extension System store website  to purchase manuals.

Exam Information

Household Pest Control – Certified Operator Exam 

  • 50 Questions
  • Cost of Exam is $75.00

Household Pest Control – Branch Supervisor Exam 

  • 50 Questions
  • Cost of Exam is $75.00

In addition to testing at the testing at the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries in Montgomery, computer-based testing is available on a weekly basis at eight testing sites in the state of Alabama. Cost of exam for this method is $125.00 per exam. You may sign up to take the online exams by visiting http://apply.adaitesting.com; once approved, you will receive an approval email from the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries.

Study Material Required for This Category

This category requires that you study the Truman Guide & The Mallis Handbook of Pest Control.

Requirements and Other Forms You May Need

Visit the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries website and scroll down to their “Forms and Documents.” Download these specific forms for this category

Visit the Professional Applicators portion of their website for some Professional Specific Forms you may need.


Featured Image: Whitney Cranshaw, Colorado State University, Bugwood.org

Did you find this helpful?