This category includes commercial applicators using or supervising the use of restricted-use and other pesticides in, on, or around food-handling establishments, human dwellings, institutions such as schools and hospitals, industrial establishments, including warehouses and grain elevators, other structures and adjacent areas, public or private, for the protection of stored, processed, or manufactured products.
Those passing examinations as branch supervisors can supervise branch offices only. You must pass the examination for certified operator to go into business for yourself or to supervise services from a main office.
No one will be allowed to take examinations unless he or she have
- been previously approved by the Montgomery office
- is on the exam list
- has the approval letter in hand on the exam day
- has an expired Commercial Applicator Permit for recertification
The Structural Professional Services Licenses are issued to businesses that engage in and solicit for Household, Institutional & Industrial Pest Control (HPC) and have a certified operator who has taken, passed and submitted their Commercial Applicators License Application with appropriate fees for the corresponding category(s). The cost of an annual Structural Professional Services License for a Main Office is $175, for a Branch Office $75 and a Sub Office is $50 plus $100 for each category of work certified to perform.
Click on the text to link to materials and forms. When necessary the link will bring you to the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries or to the Alabama Cooperative Extension System store website to purchase manuals.
Household Pest Control – Certified Operator Exam
- 50 Questions
- Cost of Exam is $75
Household Pest Control – Branch Supervisor Exam
- 50 Questions
- Cost of Exam is $75
If you have taken Purdue Courses, Purdue Exams are only proctored at the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries office in Montgomery. Contact Chelsea Wolfe at 334-240-7243 or Barbara Gates at 334-240-7240, at the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries office for details on taking this exam.
In addition to testing at the testing at the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries in Montgomery, computer-based testing is available on a weekly basis at eight testing sites in the state of Alabama. Cost of exam for this method is $125 per exam. You may sign up to take the online exams by visiting http://apply.adaitesting.com; once approved, you will receive an approval email from the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries.
Study Material Required for This Category
- 80-1-13 Sales and Use of Pesticides.
- 80-10-9 Professional Service Rules.
- 80-5-1 Standards for Assessment of Civil Penalties.
- Chapter 28 Title 2 Code of Alabama 1975.
Requirements and Other Forms You May Need
Visit the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries website and scroll down to their “Forms and Documents.” Download these specific forms for this category.
Visit the Professional Applicators portion of their website for some Professional Specific Forms you may need.
- Professional Applicator Exam Schedule.
- Application for Professional Pesticide Applicator Examination
- Professional Services Permit Application – Branch Office.
- Professional Services Permit Application – Main Office.
- Professional Services Permit Application – Sub Office
- Application for Commercial Pesticide Applicator Permit – First Permit Add on.
- Application for Commercial Pesticide Applicator Permit – Renewal.
- Certificate of Insurance for Structural Pest Control.
- Testing Information & What to do when you pass your test.
- Recertification Meeting List and CEU Guidelines.
- ADAI Pesticide Recertification Course Locator.
Featured Image: Whitney Cranshaw, Colorado State University, Bugwood.org