This Commercial Category is for pesticide Applicators Applying pesticides as part of their responsibilities to an employer, such as a school, industry or warehouse. Note: Applicators certified in this category of work cannot charge a fee for services.
Please note that IIHC is a Custodial Category and Certification is required. There is a $45.00 cost for a three-year permit.
Click on the text to link to materials and forms. When necessary the link will bring you to the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries or to the Alabama Cooperative Extension System store website to purchase manuals.
Industrial Institution and Heath-related Exam
- 50 Questions
- Cost of Exam is $75.00
In addition to testing at the testing at the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries in Montgomery Computer-based testing is available on a weekly basis at eight testing sites in the state of Alabama. Cost of exams for this method is $125.00 per exam. You may sign up to take the online exams by visiting http://apply.adaitesting.com; once approved, you will receive an approval email from the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries.
Study Material Required for This Category
- Insect and Rodent Control in Food Establishments
- Industrial Institutional Heath Related Pest Control (Custodial)
- Control of Common Household Pests in Alabama
- 80-1-13 Sales and Use of Pesticides.
- 80-10-9 Professional Service Rules.
- 80-5-1 Standards for Assessment of Civil Penalties.
- Chapter 28 Title 2 Code of Alabama 1975.
Requirements and Other Forms You May Need
Visit the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries website and scroll down to their “Forms and Documents.” Download these specific forms for this category.
Visit the Professional Applicators portion of their website for some Professional Specific Forms you may need.
- Professional Applicator Exam Schedule 2019.
- Application for Professional Pesticide Applicator Examination.
- Application for Commercial Pesticide Applicator Permit – First Permit Add on.
- Application for Commercial Pesticide Applicator Permit – Renewal.
- Testing Information & What to do when you pass your test.
- Recertification Meeting List and CEU Guidelines.
- ADAI Pesticide Recertification Course Locator.
The featured image is courtesy of Howard F. Schwartz, Colorado State University, Bugwood.org