Sweet ‘n’ Savory Skillet is the perfect blend of sweet and savory all in one dish. Try this recipe for the best of both worlds for a nutritious and delicious meal. This recipe serves six.
Tips: No chicken sausage? Use your favorite precooked turkey, pork, or beef sausage. Pears are another firm fruit to use in this recipe. Be creative! When apples are abundant, make apple butter, and substitute it for the jam.
- Cooking spray
- 1 red apple, cored and diced
- 1 green apple, cored and diced
- 1 package pre-cooked chicken sausage links
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, add apples and sausage.
- Cook until apples are soft and sausage is hot.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.
Click here to view the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement.