Live Well Alabama ‘s Southwest Avocado Toast will make for a protein-packed breakfast in the morning or snack throughout the day.
An avocado is ripe and ready to eat when you gently squeeze it and feel it yield to pressure. Pro tip: canned veggies are great but full of salt. Drain and rinse black beans and other canned veggies before using.
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lime juice, to taste
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit, and scoop out inside.
- Spread avocado on each slice of bread.
- In bowl, mix beans and corn (drained and rinsed if using canned ingredients), tomatoes, and onion.
- Add mixture onto each slice of bread.
- Top with salt, pepper, and lime juice.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.