Live Well Alabama’s Roasted Beets and Sweets recipe will make a tasty side dish for the whole family. Remember to line the baking sheet with foil to keep veggies from sticking. Also, make it colorful by adding sliced green, red or orange bell peppers.
- 1 can sliced beets, not pickled, 14.5 ounces
- Cooking spray
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain beets and pat dry.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Place mixture on baking sheet.
- Bake 35 minutes or until fork tender.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.