Make breakfast fun with these protein and veggie-loaded muffins. This Live Well Alabama Rise and Shine Muffins recipe serves 6.
Tips: Busy week coming up? Make enough muffins to refrigerate for quick breakfasts all week. Try adding more veggies such as chopped broccoli or chopped zucchini. Replace bacon with leftover chicken or turkey for variety.
- Cooking spray
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup spinach, chopped
- 3 slices bacon or bacon substitute, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tomato, diced or 1 can tomatoes, 14 ounces, diced
- ⅓ cup cheese, shredded
- ½ cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Crack and mix eggs in a bowl.
- Add spinach, bacon, tomatoes, and cheese to egg mixture. Stir to mix.
- Divide egg mixture evenly among muffin tin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.
Click here to view the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement.