Just like the name says — no fuss! This easy take on cornbread dressing will leave you wanting to make it over and over again. This recipe serves four.
Tips: Make this dressing vegetarian by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. Add cooked shredded chicken or turkey for protein. Introduce whole grains bit by bit. Use whole grain bread for extra fiber.
- 1 cup bread, crumbled
- 2 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 can fat free chicken broth, 14 ounces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix bread and cornbread in large baking dish.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add onions and celery. Cook until tender.
- Add chicken broth to pan and heat through.
- Pour hot chicken broth over bread mixture. Stir to moisten.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.
Click here to view the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement.