Try this healthy take on a classic dish. This Good-For-You Nachos recipe serves four.
Tips: Have fun with the toppings, and add your favorite foods such as bell peppers or cheese. Beans are a great source of protein. Substitute the black beans for your favorite bean. Add chopped chicken or pork for more protein.
- Cooking spray
- 2 sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon no-salt-added taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans, 14 ounces, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- ¼ cup onions
- ½ cup cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, toss sweet potatoes, oil, and taco mix. Put in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes, turning sweet potatoes after 10 minutes. Bake until crispy, and remove pan from oven.
- Top sweet potato chips with black beans, tomato, jalapeño, olives, and onions.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.
Click here to view the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement.