Try this new twist on a classic with Live Well Alabama’s Eggplant Pizza. Try the recipe with any of your favorite pizza toppings. Also, to pick a good eggplant, lightly press a finger against the skin. If it leaves an imprint, the eggplant is ready.
- Cooking spray
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- Salt, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Lay eggplant slices flat on baking sheet. Season eggplant with salt.
- In small bowl, combine garlic, oil, and Italian seasoning. Brush mixture onto top of eggplant slices.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from oven and top each slice with 1 tablespoon marinara or pizza sauce, and sprinkle each slice with cheese.
- Bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.