Try Live Well Alabama’s Creole Okra recipe that serves four.
Tips: Time saver! Use prechopped frozen onions and bell peppers. Don’t like okra? Try broccoli or green beans instead. It’s more than a side dish. Try serving it over a grilled chicken breast.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice, 16 ounces
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 16-ounce package frozen cut okra
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Cook until tender.
- Drain tomatoes, keep juice, and pour tomatoes into skillet.
- Add cayenne, salt, and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add frozen okra and tomato juice.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes or until okra is tender.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.
Click here to view the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement.