Add this County-Style Green Beans side dish to any meal for a healthy addition. This Live Well Alabama recipe serves eight.
Tips: Add grated carrots, zucchini, or your favorite vegetable for more veggie power. Green beans can be cooked several ways. For other meals, sauté or roast green beans. Storage tip: Freeze the green beans or buy them prefrozen.
- 3 pounds green beans
- ⅓ pound smoked turkey breast
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 new potatoes, quartered
- In stock pot, place beans, turkey, onion, and salt.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Turn to low heat, and cook until beans are tender.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.