Get ready for a meal packed with energy! Live Well Alabama’s Chicken Fiesta Power Bowl is packed with protein and flavor. For a change, replace rice with diced roasted sweet potatoes. You can also add any type of vegetables you like — corn and bell peppers would be a tasty addition.
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 cups raw spinach
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Avocado, sliced (optional)
- Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- In 4 serving bowls, divide and layer rice, beans, cooked chicken, spinach, and tomatoes.
- Mix yogurt and taco seasoning in a small bowl.
- Top serving bowls with yogurt mixture, squeeze of lime wedge, avocado, and cilantro.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.