1 min read
industrial hemp

Alabama Extension professionals will be providing guidance to Alabama hemp growers through the cultivation and harvesting season. Though Extension personnel cannot collect or transport samples, they will be able to offer research-based solutions to weed and insect control issues.

Transportation Guidelines

Per the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries, the following documents must accompany a shipment of harvested hemp to a processor:

  • A Release/Movement form supplied by ADAI (or from their state’s hemp program) after sampling and testing.
  • A copy of the hemp grower’s license.
  • A copy of the hemp license for the processor to whom the hemp is being taken.

No matter who transports hemp, the same documents are required:

  • A Release/Movement form, Certificate of Analysis (COA), or similar form from the home state showing that the hemp being transported contains no more than 0.3% Total Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Total Δ-9-THC) by dry weight.
  • A copy of the hemp grower’s license.

Any shipment of hemp that is unaccompanied by proper documentation and a hemp license is subject to a law enforcement stop. Growers may be stopped by law enforcement at any time and asked to provide documentation showing what crop is being transported. Because there is no test that law enforcement can conduct that will differentiate between hemp and marijuana, the shipment may be confiscated and the driver may be arrested.


Download a PDF of Hemp Tracking Form, ANR-2625.


For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, contact Extension Communications and Marketing at 334-844-5696 or extcomm@aces.edu.

Download this article as a PDF