- Pests & Diseases
- Pesticide Applicators
- Endangered Species
- Pest Management Handbook
- Wildlife Management
- Plant Diagnostic Lab - Auburn
- Plant Diagnostic Lab - Birmingham
- Soil Testing Laboratory
- 04/27 - Alabama Private Applicator Testing in Region 3
- 05/04 - Private Applicator Pesticide Training
- 05/21 - Private Pesticide Applicators Testing Only
- 05/21 - Invasive Plant Management Workshop
- 05/25 - Alabama Private Applicator Testing in Region 3
- 06/04 - Alabama Private Pesticide Applicator Training Course Region 1
- 06/18 - Private Pesticide Applicators Testing Only
- 06/29 - Alabama Private Applicator Testing in Region 3
- 07/16 - Private Pesticide Applicators Testing Only
Alabama Pesticide Safety Education Program
Who needs a Commercial Applicators Permit?
Commercial Applicator means a permitted applicator who uses or supervises the use of restricted use pesticides and other pesticides for any purpose or on any property and if applied with compensation other than trading of personal services between producers of agricultural commodities. Commercial applicators shall be further identified according to the type of pesticide application they are engaged in.
Please make sure you view the Alabama Department of Ag and Industries website for more information related to training, test dates, and any additional requirements needed to become certified.
Who needs a Private Applicator Permit?
Private Applicator means a permitted applicator who uses or supervises the use of any pesticide which is classified for restricted use for purpose of producing any agricultural commodity on property owned or rented by him or his employer or (if applied without compensation other than trading of personal services between producers of agricultural commodities) on the property of another person.
Link for Paid, Registered & Current Students for the Private Applicator Training Program (If you have paid, are already registered and set-up, or are in the process of completing the training course, click on this link to access the login page)
Additional Resources, Meeting and Events
|Pollinators And Pesticide Stewardship "Protecting Pollinators on Farms and Urban Landscape." Coalition for Urban/Rural Environmental Stewardship|
For more information about this website, please contact:
Sonja Brannon Thomas
114 Extension Hall
2014 Alabama Pest Management Handbook - Vol. 1 (ANR-0500-A)
2013 Alabama Pest Management Handbook Vol. 2 (ANR-0500-B)
State & Federal Agencies