Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
This video discusses cowpea curculio scouting methods and management. Producers should consult the main author or any of the Alabama Extension commercial horticulture regional agents for new IPM recommendations.
Additional Information on Cowpea Curculio
- Cowpea Curculio Management in Alabama, ANR-2313.
- Cowpea curculio biology (University of Florida/IFAS Extension Bulletin EENY-223)
- Cowpea curculio in southern pea (University of Georgia Extension Circular 1038)
- Cowpea curculio management in southern pea and snap beans – 2012 report (University of Georgia, posted on IR-4 website)
- Cowpea Curculio in Alabama
For further information or immediate consultation about curculio or insecticide resistance concerns, contact Ayanava Majumdar at 251-331-8416 or email@example.com. Also, like and follow the Alabama Vegetable IPM Facebook page for more information.
This video is dedicated to ongoing research on cowpea curculio management in southern peas or cowpeas. Research on this major insect pest started in 2014 and has continued expand with grower demand for information. Funding agency: USDA-NIFA Extension IPM Coordination Funds (2014-2016 and 2010-2013)