Home & Family
Live Well Alabama’s Fiesta Confetti is a spicy, veggie-loaded appetizer that will have everybody’s taste buds bursting with flavor. This vegetarian snack will be a great addition to any meal, providing 15 grams of fiber per serving.
Tips: Use fresh, frozen, or canned corn. Drain and rinse if using canned corn. Thaw first if using frozen corn. For more heart-healthy fats, add fresh avocado.
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 or 2 jalapeño peppers, fresh, diced with seeds removed
- 3 large sweet bell peppers (any color)
- 1 can black beans, 15 ounces, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2/3 cup onion, red or white, diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Toss well to cover vegetables evenly with spices and lime juice.
- Serve immediately or chilled with whole-grain chips or crackers.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.