Home & Family
Most families share some major characteristics and family strengths. It is important that you know and develop strong characteristics within your family. Build family strength through commitment, spending time together, communication, crisis management and maintaining family traditions.
- Commitment is being dedicated to each other and to the family as a whole.
- Spending time together is creating special occasions or simply taking time to relax or have fun with your family members.
- Communication is actively listening to verbal and nonverbal messages and being open, honest and direct with family members.
- Crisis management is coming together and facing a crisis with confidence while moving forward.
- Family traditions are ways that family members keep their family’s identity alive by having activities that reveal the family’s culture, religion, and ethnic background.
Content below reflects the text in the graphics of the video:
- Most families share some major characteristics
- and family strengths.
- Build family strength through…
- spending time together,
- effective communication,
- crisis management,
- and maintaining family traditions.