Forestry & Wildlife
Effective management of understory vegetation is an important element in a successful pine plantation system. This webinar will address a number of topics related to managing vegetation.
Participants completing the webinar will receive 3 continuing education hour credits from the Alabama State Board of Registration for Foresters.
Register online for the webinar here. There is a $15 charge for the webinar. After completing registration, participants will receive an email providing a direct link to access the webinar.
This webinar is an outgrowth of a research project conducted by James Elrod, an Auburn University graduate student in forestry. Working with Georgia Pacific, Elrod assessed the application of primary clarifier solids from Georgia-Pacific’s Brewton Mill to a young pine plantation in south Alabama.
Webinar Topics and Presenters
- Updated federal worker protection standards for pesticide applicators—Sonja Thomas, Alabama Extension pesticide safety education specialist
- GP Containerboard Brewton Facility Beneficial Reuse Project
- Application of primary clarifier solids to loblolly pine–James Elrod, Auburn University graduate student
- Corteva herbicides and their uses in forest management—Logan Martin, Corteva Agriscience
- Use of fire and herbicides when managing loblolly and longleaf pine—John Kush, Auburn University forestry research fellow
- Site preparation and vegetation management in pine plantations—Richard Cristan, Alabama Extension forestry specialist and Auburn University assistant professor
For more information, contact Ryan Mitchell at email@example.com or (251)937-7176.