Forestry & Wildlife
Effective management of understory vegetation is an important element in a successful pine plantation system. This webinar will address a number of topics related to managing vegetation.
Participants completing the webinar will receive three hours of CAT 1 continuing education credits from the Alabama State Board of Registration for Foresters and three hours of continuing education for Professional Logging Manager Certification.
Webinar Topics and Presenters
- Updated Federal Worker Protection Standards for Pesticide Applicators
- Sonja Thomas, Alabama Extension pesticide safety education specialist
- GP Containerboard Brewton Facility Beneficial Reuse Project
- Application of Primary Clarifier Solids to Loblolly Pine
- James Elrod, Auburn University graduate student
- Corteva Herbicides and Their Uses in Forest Management
- Logan Martin, Corteva Agriscience
- Use of Fire and Herbicides When Managing Loblolly and Longleaf Pine
- John Kush, Auburn University forestry research fellow
- Site Preparation and Vegetation Management in Pine Plantations
- Richard Cristan, Alabama Extension forestry specialist and Auburn University assistant professor
Registration for this webinar can be done online through the Alabama Extension Store. There is a $15 charge for the webinar. After completing registration, participants will receive an email providing a direct link to access the webinar.
This webinar is an outgrowth of a research project conducted by James Elrod, an Auburn University graduate student in forestry. Working with Georgia Pacific, Elrod assessed the application of primary clarifier solids from Georgia-Pacific’s Brewton Mill to a young pine plantation in south Alabama. For more information, contact Ryan Mitchell at email@example.com or (251)937-7176.