Do you know what kind of Permit or Training you need?
Who needs a Commercial Applicators Permit?
Commercial Applicator means a permitted applicator who uses or supervises the use of restricted use pesticides and other pesticides for any purpose or on any property and if applied with compensation other than trading of personal services between producers of agricultural commodities. Commercial applicators shall be further identified according to the type of pesticide application they are engaged in.
- Please see our section on Commercial Pesticide Applicator Study Materials to determine what you need in order to get your category specific permit.
- Please be sure you view the Alabama Department of Ag & Industries website for more information related to training, test dates, and any additional requirements needed to become certified.
Who needs a Private Applicator Permit?
Private Applicator means a permitted applicator who uses or supervises the use of any pesticide which is classified for restricted use for purpose of producing any agricultural commodity on property owned or rented by him or his employer or (if applied without compensation other than trading of personal services between producers of agricultural commodities) on the property of another person.
- Please see our section on our Alabama Private Applicator Training Program for your different study, training and testing options to determine how best to get your Private Applicator Permit.
Links for Paid, Registered & Current Students of the Private Applicator Program:
- If you have paid, are already registered and set-up, or are in the process of completing the training course, please click to access the Auburn Catalog Canvas Course.
Additional Resources, Meeting and Events
- Visit our section of Restricted Use Pesticide Dealer Meetings and General Information and Restricted Use Pesticide Dealers.
- Visit our section on Worker Protection Standard Information and Meetings, to determine how to go about getting your WPS Training.
- Visit our Auxin Herbicide Best Management Practices Training section to find out about the new rules, available training, and registering for classes.
Alabama Pesticide Safety Education Program
245 Duncan Hall
Auburn University, AL 36849
Questions about Rules and Regulations, Training, getting your License, call 334-844-8851 or the Alabama Department of Agriculture at 334-240-7243.
Questions about Pesticide Manuals: 334-844-6322
Questions about Website, Pesticide Applicator University: 334-844-8838
Questions about Private Applicator: 334-844-8832
Questions about CEUs/Points, Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries : 334-240-7243