Business & Community
Volunteer. Give Back. Make a difference.
We need your help as we work to:
- Build strong families & communities
- Promote healthy eating, exercise, and food safety
- Reduce bullying and enhance leadership skills
- Promote home & community gardens and enhance green living spaces
- Support entrepreneurship and strengthen job search & career building skills
- Foster environmental stewardship and natural resource preservation
- Increase volunteerism
- Link older adults to resources
- Promote financial stability
What is VIP?
- VIP is the acronym for Volunteer In Urban Programs.
- Through VIP, youth & adults are recruited, enrolled, and trained to implement Urban Extension programs. Training is free and service is rewarded.
- The purpose of VIP is to promote, expand, and support Urban Extension programs.
- VIP is expanding the role of volunteerism in the community by matching your available time, interests and skills to impactful projects.
- You can commit to volunteer as much or as little as you want. We have projects big and small.
What is Urban Extension?
- With Alabama’s changing demographics and the rapid growth of our urban centers, Extension now offers more in our cities.
- Urban Extension provides informal learning activities that are designed to make a positive change in Alabama residents and improve their quality of life.
- Urban Extension focuses on limited-resource families, underserved audiences, individuals, and small enterprises.
We expect our VIPs to:
- Participate in orientation.
- Network with other volunteers across the state of Alabama.
- Promote and facilitate the work of Urban Extension programs.
- Serve on Extension Advisory committee to strengthen and improve program efforts.
- Provide clerical assistance.
- Serve as a judge or facilitator.
- Work as part of an organized group for events and conferences.
Benefits of becoming an urban Extension VIP
- Give back to the community
- Meet new people and discover new interests
- Gain experience and enhance your resume
- Receive professional experience or training
- Receive recognition for your hours of service
Alabama A&M University
Office: (256) 372-4585
Office: (256) 372-4942