Business & Community
What is Engaging Citizens through Environmental Education?
- Engaging Citizens through Environmental Education is a component of UESEP (Urban Environmental Science Education Program).
- This UESEP component provides a framework for citizens to become better environmental stewards by identifying emerging environmental issues and by providing unbiased science-based information to aid in their understanding of these pertinent issues.
- Soil and water conservation (water quality testing and monitoring)
- Natural resource management (renewable and nonrenewable resources)
- Global positioning systems and geocaching
- Wildlife recovery and sustainability (Eastern bluebird recovery)
- Wildlife management (honey bee preservation and backyard wildlife)
- Greening and green space development (urban, faith, and community gardens)
- Urban forestry and ecological processes
- Safety disaster preparedness
- Reuse, reduce, and recycle eﬀorts