Do you want to stand up for what you believe? Do you want to be able to inspire or educate people on important issues? Well, the two Speak-Up Alabama events are the 4-H events for you!
Speak-Up Alabama helps build your leadership, citizenship, and communications skills. 4-H public speaking events have had a powerful impact on dozens of Alabama’s civic and business leaders–lawyers, corporate presidents, and Extension staff.
- Persuasive Public Speaking is all about trying to change your audience’s attitudes and ways of thinking. If you want youth to start exercising more, then you need to persuade them.
- Informative Public Speaking is about the facts. If you think that Rosa Parks was an interesting person, then tell your audience about her. If you think that technology is changing Alabama, inform your audience about those changes.
Speak Up Alabama lets you build your skills as an impressive public speaker, express yourself clearly and persuasively, and helps you become more aware of challenges and opportunities facing young people, families, and communities.
What You Will Learn:
- To choose a topic that fits your audience.
- To research a timely and interesting subject.
- To write an effective speech.
- To deliver your speech before a live audience.
- Click to download a printable PDF of 4HYD-2241 Speak Up Alabama Rules.
- Click to download a printable PDF of 4HYD-2241 Speak Up Alabama Scoresheet.
- Click to download a printable PDF of 4HYD-2241 Community Service Report.
- Click to view 4-H Competitive Events General Contest Policies.
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, contact Extension Communications and Marketing at 334-844-5696 or firstname.lastname@example.org.