From meats to vegetables, savory and aromatic herbs have been used to add flavor to everyday meals for centuries while also rewarding us with aromatic enjoyment. Growing a variety of herbs in a container can make accessing them for use in the kitchen a whole lot easier.
Planning and planting an edible container garden is a lot like making a grocery list that includes selecting the right herbs to use in your cooking. Just keep in mind that while selecting the herbs you want to grow in your container, think about growing habits such as height or cascading behavior, perennial vs. annual, blooming, spreading ability, and other factors.
By selecting the right herbs, you will be able to include them in your cooking throughout the year.
What You Will Learn:
- To grow herbs in a container for culinary use based on their savory and aromatic properties.
- To care for your herbs so they are growing to their fullest potential.
- To create an edible container garden, and use the herbs in your family’s meals.
- Click to download a printable PDF of 4HYD-2241 Growing An Edible Container Garden Rules.
- Click to download a printable PDF of 4HYD-2241 Growing An Edible Container Garden Scoresheet.
- Click to download a printable PDF of 4HYD-2241 Community Service Report.
- Click to view 4-H Competitive Events General Contest Policies.
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, contact Extension Communications and Marketing at 334-844-5696 or firstname.lastname@example.org.