Gardening in containers is one of the most compact, versatile, and creative forms of garden design. Planning and planting a container garden is a lot like making a floral arrangement. You have to think about height, color, and care while selecting the proper plants for the container.
From clay pots to hanging baskets, from wooden barrels to wooden crates–anything that will hold growing media and allow proper drainage can be used for your Art of Container Gardening project.
What You Will Learn:
- To evaluate plants based on a variety of criteria such as color, height, width, blooming period, and needs (water, sunlight, and nutrients).
- Proper care so they are growing to their fullest potential.
- To create a container garden that is also a piece of living art.
- Click to download a printable PDF of 4HYD-2241 Art of Container Gardening Rules.
- Click to download a printable PDF of 4HYD-2241 Art of Container Gardening Scoresheet.
- Click to download a printable PDF of 4HYD-2241 Community Service Report.
- Click to view 4-H Competitive Events General Contest Policies.
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, contact Extension Communications and Marketing at 334-844-5696 or firstname.lastname@example.org.