Lawn & Garden
Join the Alabama Extension Home Grounds team this spring for the Urban Green: Back 2 Basics Wednesdays webinar series. This online educational series provides basic gardening and landscaping training for individuals in limited space urban areas.
Tune in on Wednesdays
When: Wednesdays at 10 a.m. CST
Where: The webinars are presented through Zoom, an online video presentation format. They are also available through Facebook Live on the Urban Affairs and New Nontraditional Programs Facebook page.
Registration is required to attend this webinar series. The Zoom meeting number and link will be provided upon completion of the online registration. Visit www.aces.edu/go/B2Bzoom to register.
New to Zoom? Visit the Zoom website to watch a video that will help you prepare to attend.
Dates and Topics
- April 1 – Getting Ready to Garden with Hayes Jackson
- April 8 – Controlling Weeds In your Gardens with Marcus Garner
- April 15 – Attracting Native Pollinators to your Garden with Allyson Shabel
- April 22 – Container Gardens with Roosevelt Robinson
- April 29 – Herbs for Urban Gardens with Sallie Lee
- May 6 – Bioengineered Foods with Rudy Pacumbaba
- May 13 – Tool Talk with Hayes Jackson
- May 20 – Equipment Maintenance with Marcus Garner
- May 27 – Five Fabulous Perennials with Allyson Shabel
- June 3 – Kitchen-Scrap Gardening: Growing Tasty, Healthy Produce from Clean Kitchen Scraps with Roosevelt Robinson
- June 10 – 10 Most Wanted Bugs in your Garden with Sallie Lee
- June 17 – Saving Time & Water with Irrigation with Rudy Pacumbaba
July 8 – Backyard Tomatoes with Mallory Kelly
July 15 – Great Trees for Urban Gardens with Sallie Lee
July 22 – Disease Identification and Management in the Home Vegetable Garden with Edward Sikora
July 29 – 10 Underused Woody Shrubs for Alabama Landscapes with Tony Glover
August 5 – Lights Out? Are Lightning Bugs in Peril? with Lori Tolley-Jordan, Jacksonville State University
August 12 – Pest Identification and Control for Home Gardens with Chris Becker
Take the Survey
Did you join us for a Back 2 Basics Wednesdays webinar? We want to hear from you! Take just a minute or two and fill out the short survey below and tell us what you think. These surveys not only help better our programs but also help determine federal and state funding. This funding allows us to continue providing affordable, research-based education to you and your family.