The Plant Diagnostic Lab provides three major services.
- Plant samples are examined for disease, insect, nutrient, cultural, and herbicide problems.
- Soil samples are analyzed for plant parasitic nematodes.
- Insect samples are identified.
The lab also makes plant and fungal identifications. After samples are examined, tested, analyzed, and/or identified, Alabama Extension specialists respond with the diagnosis or identification and control recommendation(s). Responses are sent by phone, e-mail, fax, or letter generally within one week from the time the samples are received. However, some tests and analyses require more time.
Fill out the form for the sample you wish to submit with as much information as possible. When samples are sent with inadequate information, a diagnoses or analyses and recommendations cannot be made.
- Collecting Soil and Root Samples for Nematode Analysis
- Submitting Plant Samples for Diagnosis, Analysis, and Identification
- Plant Diagnostic Lab Services
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, contact Extension Communications and Marketing at 334-844-5696 or email@example.com.