How to Submit Pond Water Samples
1 min read
Learn how to submit pond water samples to be tested for total alkalinity and total hardness.
- Use a 16.9- to 20-ounce plastic bottle with a screw-on lid. No glass.
- Rinse the bottle well.
- Submerge the clean plastic bottle in your pond, and allow all the air to bubble out.
- Replace the cap. Tip: Fill the sample bottle fully and minimize the amount of dirt and plant matter in the sample. Never submit a weed sample in a water sample.
- Label the sample with your name and phone number, including area code.
- Package the sample in an appropriate container, such as a box or mail pouch, and mail to your county Extension office.
To be completed by the county Extension office. Samples can be mailed to: