Bees & Pollinators
The Alabama Extension beekeeping team presents the At Home Beekeeping Series. This online series promotes educational information for beekeepers. This gives beekeepers the chance to attend meetings from the comfort of one’s own home using a computer or mobile device. Each session includes updates on timely beekeeping topics as well as a Q and A session.
Dates and Topics
This series will be offered the last Tuesday of each month from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- January 26 – The Honey Bee Colony’s Year
- Jamie Ellies, University of Florida
- February 23 – Understanding and Integrating Honey Bee Nutritional Ecology Into Beekeeping Practices
- Pierre Lau, Texas A & M University
- March 30 – Behavioral Resistance to Varroa
- Jennifer Tsuruda, University of Tennessee
- April 27 – Biology and Management of Swarming
- Mike Goblirsch, USDA
- May 25 – Working with Mosquito Control to Protect Bees
- Kristen Healy, Louisiana State University
- June 29 – Reading a Honey Bee Frame
- Kate Ihle, USDA
How to Participate
This online series is presented through Zoom, an online video platform, and through Facebook Live.
For more information on the At Home Beekeeping Series, contact Allyson Shabel.