The Urban Difference is an annual report of the Alabama Cooperative Extension System at Alabama A&M University.
From the Administrator
Dr. Majed Dweik, Interim Extension Director & AAMU Vice President for Research & Economic Development
It is always a pleasure to highlight the work the Alabama Cooperative Extension System at Alabama A&M University (Alabama Extension at AAMU) is doing across the state. Our mission—serving communities to grow a better Alabama and a better world—reflects who we are today as we move beyond the COVID-19 pandemic. We serve our communities by delivering timely science-based information that helps to make people, communities, and ultimately, the world better. People’s lives and the communities in which they live are destined to be transformed by the work we do each day!
I invite you to read through this report and discover how Alabama Extension at AAMU:
- Allows underserved youth to gain skills that employers seek today.
- Improves agribusiness revenue.
- Helps small businesses to sustain economic growth.
- Empowers youth and adults to make wise money decisions.
- Removes unused drugs from the environment.
- Helps consumers to conserve water – a precious natural resource.
- Prevents the spread of common diseases.
- Direct Face-to-Face: 74,308
- Indirect Program Contacts: 362,041
- ACES Total Website Views: 3,670,589
- Urban Extension Total Website Views: 155,976
- 2022 Broadcast Media: 192,000
- Facebook User Reach: 176,971
- Formal MOUs: 43
External Funding Comparison
- FY 2020/21: $10 million
- FY 2021/22: $10.1 million
- FY 2022/23: $9.8 million
Get Your Copy
Author & Editor, Wendi Williams, Communications & Marketing Coordinator, Alabama A&M University. Design/layout, Shannon Schmalfeldt, Technology Media Coordinator, Alabama A&M University.
New September 2023, The Urban Difference: 2022 Impacts, UNP-2195
- The UrbanDifference: 2021 Impacts, UNP-2190
- The Urban Difference: Report 2020, UNP-2184
- The Urban Difference: Report 2019, UNP-2175
If you need reasonable accommodation or language access services, contact Wendi Williams at (256) 372-4953 or firstname.lastname@example.org.