- 05/20 - Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program
- 05/20 - Urban Nutrition Education Program
- 05/21 - Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program
- 05/21 - Urban Nutrition Education Program
- 05/22 - Urban Nutrition Education Program
- 05/23 - Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program
- 05/28 - Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program
- 05/28 - Urban Nutrition Education Program
- 05/29 - Urban Nutrition Education Program
- 05/30 - Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program
About Metro News
Welcome to Metro News, a quarterly bilingual newsletter published by the Alabama Cooperative Extension System's (Extension) Urban Affairs & New Nontraditional Programs (Urban Affairs). The newsletter features current Extension events and relevant research-based articles with an urban, nontraditional Extension, and global focus for individuals, families, communities, and organizations.
The objectives of Metro News are to:
- Support the mission, goals, objectives, and activities of Extension & Urban Affairs.
- Inform the newsletter audience about Extension and other global issues affecting urban and nontraditional populations.
Subject Areas & Deadlines
Although Metro News accepts articles on any topic pertinent to its audience, each issue will have a primary
focus as follows:
Health & Wellness
Wildlife & the Environment
Community, Youth, & Family Development
Articles are to be submitted by the first Monday of the preceding month of issue. For example, January articles are due the first Monday in December; April articles are due the first Monday in March; July articles are due the first Monday in June; and October articles (anniversary issue) are due the first Monday in September. If these Mondays fall on a holiday, then articles are due on the first Tuesday following the holiday.
- Feature Articles: 700 words or less
- Other Material: 500 words or less
Authors are advised to use at least three references and to format the article in APA style. For more information, visit the Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL).
Topics of Interest
Metro News publishes information for an Extension and a global audience that has an interest in urban and nontraditional Extension issues dealing with consumers, individuals, families, the environment, agriculture, law, and other socioeconomic concerns.
For more information about Urban Affairs, please visit us online at www.aces.edu/urban.
Metro News Editorial Team - Alabama A&M University
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact the editor or a member of the editorial team.
Wendi Williams, MS, Editor & Extension Communications Specialist (Newsletter Design) email@example.com
Jannie Carter, PhD, Extension Assistant Director, Urban Affairs firstname.lastname@example.org
Julio Correa, PhD, Associate Professsor & Extension Animal Scientist email@example.com
Jean Hall Dwyer, MS, Extension Communications Specialist (Website Design) firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 256-372-5710 — Fax: 256-372-5840