- 06/01 - Demonstration on goat worm egg count
- 06/02 - Decatur Electronic Waste Recycling Day
- 06/09 - Sheep and Goat Internal and External Parasitism What is new ?
- 06/23 - Veteran Farmers Conference
- 06/23 - Veterans in Ag
- 06/30 - Hands-on Gastro-Intestinal Parasitism
- 06/30 - Landmark Park/ACES/Wiregrass Beekeepers Association Honey Extraction Demonstration
- 07/14 - Sheep and Goat Internal and External Parasitism; What is new ?
About Metro News
Welcome to Metro News, a quarterly newsletter published by the Alabama Cooperative Extension System's Urban Affairs & New Nontraditional Programs Unit. The newsletter features relevant research-based articles with an urban and nontraditional Extension focus that may appeal to global audiences. .
The objectives of Metro News are to:
- Support the mission, goals, objectives, and activities of Extension & Urban Affairs.
- Inform the newsletter audience about Extension and other issues affecting urban and nontraditional populations.
Subject Areas & Deadlines
Although Metro Newsaccepts articles on any topic pertinent to its audience, each issue will have a primaryfocus as follows:
Health & Wellness
Wildlife & the Environment
Community, Youth, & Family Development
Articles are to be submitted by the second Monday of the preceding month of issue. For example, January articles are due the second Monday in December; April articles are due the second Monday in March; July articles are due the second Monday in June; and October articles (anniversary issue) are due the second Monday in September. If these Mondays fall on a holiday, then articles are due on the second Tuesday following the holiday.
- Feature Articles: 700 words or less
- Other Material: 500 words or less
Authors are advised to use at least three references and to format the article in APA style. For more information, visit the Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL).
Topics of Interest
Metro Newspublishes information for an Extension and a global audience that has an interest in urban and nontraditional Extension issues dealing with consumers, individuals, families, the environment, agriculture, law, and other socioeconomic concerns.
For more information about Urban Affairs, please visit us online atwww.aces.edu/urban.
Metro News Editorial Team - Alabama A&M University
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact the editor or a member of the editorial team.
Wendi Williams, MS, Editor & Extension Communications Specialist (Newsletter Design) firstname.lastname@example.org
Julio Correa, PhD, Associate Professor & Extension Animal Scientist email@example.com
Jean Hall Dwyer, MS, Extension Communications Specialist (Website Design) firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 256-372-5710 — Fax: 256-372-5840